UT Staff Council (UTSC) established its Professional Development Grant Program in 2015 with support from President Powers. With continued support from past President Fenves and current President Hartzell, to date over $125,000 has been awarded to university staff pursuing professional development opportunities.
The fall 2023 grant application period has ended. The application period was from Friday, September 1, 2023 through Friday, September 15, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (CDT).
Please note: In order for the application to be considered complete and therefore eligible for review, the Applicant and the Applicant's Supervisor must have completed their respective portions of the DocuSign application in advance of the deadline: Friday, September 15, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (CDT).
The Applicant must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to apply.
- Must be a current staff member at The University of Texas at Austin at the time of application.
- Must be a UT Staff Council constituent at the time of application. Not sure if you're a constituent? Check on your status by logging in to the Who Is My Representative page.
- Must be accepted into the activity or program for which Applicant is applying for grant funding if participation in said activity or program is contingent upon admittance.
- Has not received UTSC Professional Development Grant Program funding in the past three years.
- The Awardee must be a current staff member at The University of Texas at Austin at the time the proposed professional development activity occurs.
- The Awardee is responsible for complying with university regulations and procedures related to the funded activity, including travel authorizations.
- Awarded funds must be used by the end of the 23-24 fiscal year (August 31, 2024).
- Within six months of completing the funded activity, the Awardee will provide feedback to the UT Staff Council Professional Development Committee related to the use of the grant funding and the experience gained related to the funded activity.
All Applicants will be informed via email regarding the status of their application no later than mid-November 2023.
Awardees and their supervisors will be required to acknowledge and accept the award via a DocuSign Grant Acceptance Form as soon as possible after they have been informed.
The maximum amount per award is $1500. Funds will be transferred via IDT to an account associated with the Awardee's home unit/department prior to the end of December 2023.
Please direct questions regarding the Professional Development Grant Program to firstname.lastname@example.org.