UT Staff Council (UTSC) established its Professional Development Grant Program in 2014 with support from President Powers. With continued support from past President Fenves and current President Hartzell, to date over $100,000 has been awarded to university staff pursuing professional development opportunities.
The application period has ended. The fall 2021 grant application period was from Monday, September 13, 2021 until midnight CST on Sunday, October 3, 2021.
Applicants will be apprised of the status of their application by mid-November 2021.
Only UT Staff Council constituents are eligible to apply for the grant. The maximum amount per award is $1500.
- An applicant must be a current staff member at The University of Texas at Austin at the time of application.
- An applicant must be a UT Staff Council constituent at the time of application.
- Grant recipients may receive UTSC Professional Development Grant Program funding once every three years.
- The grant recipient must be a current staff member at The University of Texas at Austin at the time the proposed professional development activity occurs.
- The grant recipient is responsible for complying with university regulations and procedures related to the funded activity, including travel authorizations.
- Awarded funds must be used by the end of the current fiscal year (August 31, 2022).
- Within six months of completing the funded activity, the grant recipient will provide feedback to the UT Staff Council Professional Development Committee related to the use of the grant funding and the experience gained related to the funded activity.
Applicants will be informed via email re: the status of their application mid-November 2021. Awardees and their supervisors will be required to acknowledge and accept the award via DocuSign no later than Tuesday, November 30, 2021.
Funds will be transferred via IDT to an account associated with the grant recipient's home unit/department prior to the end of December 2021.
Please direct questions regarding the Professional Development Grant Program to email@example.com.