The UT Staff Council (UTSC) is comprised of elected representatives who are employed in classified and administrative and professional (A&P) positions. UTSC supports a variety of activities and initiatives aimed at improving the quality of life and effectiveness of the university’s dedicated and valuable staff members.
The organization’s work is informed by the core values of advocacy, collaboration, and transparency. This set of core values informs the projects representatives work on, the way in which UTSC communicates with constituents and stakeholders, and the effort given towards cultivating and maintaining trust within the community.
Our Core Values
- Serving staff by representing their best interests to the university community.
- Fostering a pathway of communication between upper administration and our constituents.
- Seeking diversity in membership, perspectives, and ideas when representing staff culture.
- Creating a sense of community by forging effective partnerships with campus stakeholders.
- Executing projects that are valuable to the organization.
- Maintaining honest and transparent communications and processes.
- Remaining accountable to ourselves and to our constituents by holding open meetings and publicizing our decisions.
- Intentionally sharing unbiased information with our stakeholders.